Senior Graphic Designer | Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki
- Effectively communicate world-class exhibitions, special events and more
- Work with an award-winning brand that helps people see art in everything
- Manage multiple creative projects across varied media in a busy environment
From marketing campaigns to exhibition identities, we're looking for a Senior Graphic Designer with the experience and creativity to deliver high-quality, compelling materials.
Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki is New Zealand's largest and most inspiring visual arts experience. As a catalyst for art and ideas, we collaborate with creative communities to engage, challenge and inspire diverse audiences.
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
If you're a talented, experienced designer, we're offering you the chance to provide the Gallery with in-house creative support in a role that brings both variety and challenge.
As part of our team, you'll maintain and extend our visual identity across new and existing materials, and will be involved in creating identities for exhibitions. You'll work quickly and accurately across multiple projects, and will combine creative spark with people skills.
You will be responsible for:
- Working within and beyond our existing design standards - you'll know when to keep to the rules and when to break them
- Developing and delivering high-quality creative responses that meet the needs of internal clients and our audiences
- Supporting the marketing, exhibition design, visitor experience, retail and learning programmes teams to deliver compelling communications across varied media.
He kōrero mōu: About you
To secure this role you will demonstrate:
- Five or more years' graphic design experience working at an intermediate-senior level within a busy, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience working within the parameters of a strong brand identity, as well as under the freedom of your own creative direction
- Experience in designing from creative concept to final delivery for a wide range of on- and offline media
- Advanced creative abilities with a strong and sensitive eye for contemporary design aesthetic
- A relevant qualification is desirable.
By nature, you are friendly and outgoing with a professional approach that inspires confidence. You are resilient and can cope with ambiguity in a high-pressure environment. Visually literate, you have sensitivity for the creative and cultural spheres, as well as the ability to present your ideas and lead on design matters with authority. With an excellent work ethic, you are used to juggling priorities, delivering on deadline, and managing production and suppliers. We are looking for someone who enjoys a role with variety and is passionate about delivering high-quality outcomes for Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki.
Please note, if your application is successful in progressing, we will be holding interviews on Tuesday 16 and Wednesday 17 April.
Please apply online through our career site here
Applications close Wednesday 10 April.
Auckland Council is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.