Corban Estate Arts Centre - Tutor Expressions of Interest for Workshops and Courses
CEAC runs a diverse range of classes and workshops at the centre, including visual and performing arts.
To deliver these classes and workshops we are inviting EOI from tutors from a diverse range of disciplines who love working with kids, youth and/or adults.
Our tutors generally remain with us for multiple workshops over a long period as we pride ourselves on providing a caring whānau environment where a relationship with the CEAC community is as important as the content that you deliver.
Corban Estate Arts Centre is looking for casual art tutors in the following areas:
- CHILDREN’S HOLIDAY ARTS CLASSES
For children aged between 5 and 12 years
- CHILDREN’S TERM CLASSES
6 x once-a-week after school classes for ages 5-12 years
- YOUTH ARTS WORKSHOPS
Engaging workshops for youth between 13-18 years
- ADULT ARTS WORKSHOPS
For 6 & 8 week long and weekend workshops
Key Attributes Required:
- Tutors that can provide innovative workshops embracing cultural diversity
- Experience working with children and/or youth desired
- High level of motivation as an arts educator
- Great organisational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Sound working knowledge of practical art techniques
- Passion and flair to create innovative art programmes that stimulate and inspire students
- Experience in teaching a particular art form would be desirable although not essential.
- Sensitivity to cultural needs and practices
- For those that are working with children and youth, it will be mandatory to partake in a Criminal Record Check.
Take a look at our website to get an idea about what is on offer and how this programme is structured: https://ceac.org.nz/workshops