Submit a Proposal for our 2020 Exhibition Programme at Corban Estate Arts Centre.
Corban Estate Arts Centre are now accepting exhibition proposals from practitioners of any artistic discipline, as individuals or in groups. Proposed exhibitions need to appeal to a broad cross section of gallery visitors. A higher priority is given to artists with an acknowledged exhibition record.
How to apply
Proposals Should Include:
–A 300-500 word outline of your proposed project, with key themes and concepts in the exhibition, an indication of your target audience and a clear rationale
– Working title
– Names of artist(s) and the medium in which they work
– A public program component
– Relevant 1 page CV from involved artist/s
– 4-5 images (maximum) of the works you intend to exhibit or examples of previous relevant works
What we offer:
–NO hireage fee
– Curatorial assistance to develop your exhibition
– Opening reception food and drinks are provided
–An onsite technician for install and deinstall
– Design, production and distribution of standard exhibition catalogues relating to your show
– There is a 33.3% + gst commission on sales, however there is no expectation for you to sell your works.
Proposals should be two pages maximum. Email your proposal to the curator in a single PDF file that includes CV, supporting images and links. (please note files must be under 5MB to be received via email, otherwise please use a service such as WeTransfer.com).
Contact our curator for any queries and send proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 17 May.
*If you are someone who struggles to write proposals please feel free to contact our curator as this should not be a barrier.
HIRE AN EXHIBITION SPACE
Another option for artists wishing to exhibit at CEAC is to hire a venue to exhibit. Venue options include Old St Michael's Church and the Barrel Store. For more information please contact the Facilities manager on 09 838 4455