Ticketing and Marketing Assistant
- 30 hours per week; ASAP start through to 14 December 2019
- Premier performing arts organisation
- Based on Willis St, Wellington
Founded in 1946, the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra is the country’s national professional orchestra and one of the few touring orchestras in the world, performing in many cities and towns around New Zealand each year.
Reporting to the Ticketing and Subscriptions Manager, the role will assist the marketing and publicity team.
Working with a diverse range of people, you’ll be the first point of contact for NZSO supporters to help them with their ticketing queries. You’ll also help update and maintain the NZSO database and assist the marketing team with the implementation of campaign activity.
Key to your success in this role will be your ability to work well within the team, being a good problem solver and always putting the customer first.
This is a varied and busy role that will draw on your organisational and relationship management skills; you will be proactive and professional and will enjoy the breadth, variety and fast pace that the NZSO can provide.
This is a part time role, for 30 hours per week, and will include front of house duties at Wellington based concerts, which means you will need to be able to work evenings and weekends (usually just Saturdays).
- Sales and customer service experience, with a strong customer service ethic
- Ability to demonstrate expertise and an understanding of marketing theory and practice, including promotions and direct marketing
- Tertiary qualification in marketing, communications or similar
- Ability to problem solve, use initiative and display sound judgement
- A keen eye for detail coupled with a high degree of accuracy
- Outstanding relationship building skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels
- Very highly developed communication skills
- Strong IT skills with experience in database management; previous experience with ticketing systems would be advantageous, however full training will be provided
- An interest in orchestral/symphonic music
Applications close: given the ASAP start, applications will be reviewed and actioned as received
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz