Kohinga/Lending Collections Leader
Hamilton City Libraries is seeking a dynamic and innovative leader to take charge of the lending collections.
This is a unique opportunity to make a real impact in the changing libraries environment. The key focus of this role is leading a passionate team of technical specialists to support the maintenance and operational requirements of the libraries’ lending collection.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A proactive, outgoing person with a can-do attitude and outstanding organisational skills.
- Able to think strategically and deliver operationally.
- Passionate about improving community engagement through engaging collections that promote the libraries and our associated programmes.
- Committed to biculturalism and have a working knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Skilled at developing strong business relationships through conversations with both internal and external stakeholders.
You will be tertiary qualified - preferably with a library qualification, Bachelor of Arts or similar - and have proven experience in collections management. An understanding of local government would be an advantage.
This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week. The recruiting range for this role starts at $68,544 per annum and could be negotiated for the right candidate.
Hamilton City Council is committed to being a high-performance organisation with people who think differently, act with integrity, make it happen and work together.
This is your chance to be part of an organisation that is committed to building a more vibrant, attractive and prosperous city.
If this role sounds like it’s for you, we would love to hear from you. Make it happen and apply online today!
All candidates will be notified of the outcome on their application via email. Short-listed candidates may be required to complete an interview process, reference checks, pre-employment medical and drug assessments, and Ministry of Justice or Police vetting check.
For further information refer to the position description available on our careers website at https://hamilton.careercentre.net.nz/Job
Please note this role is being sourced directly and we are not accepting applications via external recruitment agencies.
Permanent - Full Time
Job no: EBAQ957318
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Closing Date: Sunday, 19 May 2019