Koia ka tū te hoe, hapainga mai te hoe, kia rere, kia tau ki uta.
Whiria he kaha tuamanomano, whiria he kaha tairangaranga, kia tina te 'Takapou Whāriki o Puke Ariki'.
He mihinga taitangata, he mihinga taitaonga... he maimai aroha.
Hapainga mai rā...
Are you passionate about Taranaki heritage and want to help share it widely?
Puke Ariki is looking for a curator to care for the taonga Māori collection. This specialised and rewarding role is responsible for providing care and access to this collection of national and international significance which is highly valued by the iwi of Taranaki.
The Poutiaki Taonga has an important role working with local iwi to facilitate communication on all issues relating to taonga Māori, including care, access, interpretation and appropriate tikanga within Puke Ariki
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with wide-ranging skills to step up to a challenging and highly rewarding position as part of a committed and energetic team.
We require someone with:
- knowledge of Taranaki tikanga
- a relevant tertiary qualification
- an in depth knowledge of collection care, conservation, curatorial practice, exhibition interpretation and research skills
- excellent people and communication skills, especially in an iwi context
- sound understanding of museum practices
- a working ability in te reo Māori
- an ability to work in a flexible team environment
- sound judgment, diplomacy and problem-solving skills.
If this sounds like you - apply now.
At the New Plymouth District Council we aim to create and sustain a truly rewarding workplace environment for our staff. You can expect to start in this role with us between $66,412 - $72,314. We have also put together an integrated Total Rewards Framework that spans Wellbeing, Development, Benefits, Culture and Recognition. The NPDC Total Rewards Framework provides a diverse range of opportunities and benefits for our staff.
Applications close Friday, 10 May 2019.