Mairangi Arts Centre is a vibrant, community-based, arts education facility and exhibition venue.
Our vision: Nurturing the continuous discovery of diverse and innovative art experiences
Our mission: Engaging and empowering our diverse communities through the arts
Our General Manager is moving, and we are now looking for an innovative, enthusiastic and skilled person to take over the role. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to lead our thriving centre.
The General Manager is responsible to the Board for organising and managing the development, implementation, promotion and maintenance of all strategies, initiatives and projects of the Arts Centre and leads a small and dedicated team that includes volunteers.
We are looking for someone with:
- leadership experience, ideally in a small non-profit environment;
- the ability to create and implement an annual budget and business plan;
- a broad knowledge of art, and strong networks in New Zealand’s diverse arts community;
- experience in developing a broad range of art-related programmes including education, exhibitions and events, awards, and residencies.
- experience in fundraising and development of additional revenue streams to ensure the centre continues to flourish and remains financially sound;
- proven and effective planning and organising skills;
- the ability to become recognised as the ‘friendly face’ of the centre as they build, manage and maintain productive relationships with diverse individuals and communities;
- great interpersonal and social networking skills to maintain and expand community connections and support;
While it may help to have managed an art centre before it is not necessary.
We welcome all "types" with passion in this area to apply.
Please see the GM Job Description and our Strategic Priorities for 2019 for more detail.
How to apply
Send your CV and a letter of interest to Chris Berthelsen, Deputy-Chair, Mairangi Arts Centre Trust Board: firstname.lastname@example.org