Technical & Production Manager
As New Zealand’s national opera company, we are working to transform the world of our audience through an experience of opera that connects, engages and empowers reflection on our human condition. We are in the process of redefining our purpose, vision and strategic plan. This has created an exciting opportunity for us to recruit talented people to contribute to the future of opera in Aotearoa.
Reporting to the Director Artistic Operations we are looking for a Technical & Production Manager who is responsible for managing the safe, cost efficient and timely delivery, within agreed budget parameters, of technical and production elements required for all of New Zealand Opera’s productions.
We are looking for a person with the following principal attributes and skills:
- Extensive experience of production/technical management in a major performing arts organisation
- Demonstrable detailed specialist knowledge of scenery, props and costume construction
- An understanding of the work of theatre production, technical and stage areas
- Proficiency with Computer Assisted Design and Drafting software (CAD) would be an advantage
- Fully conversant with all relevant theatre and opera technical terms and concepts
- Previous experience in managing contractors, finances, people and resources
- A strong understanding of the Health and Safety at work legislation particularly with regard to aspects of scenery construction and stage practices
- A Health and Safety qualification preferred
- Knowledge of Arts Vision or other scheduling programme would be an advantage
If you are an experienced technical and production professional who would love contribute to the future of Opera in Aotearoa, and work for New Zealand’s national opera company, we would love to hear from you.
To request a full Job Description email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5:00 pm on Wednesday 5th June 2019.