- Based in Papakura
- Part-time, up to 32 hours per week
- Join a team that shares your enthusiasm for arts and entertainment
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
Are you passionate about performing arts in the community? If you would like the opportunity to work for a community cinema and performing arts venue, then keep reading!
We have an thrilling opportunity for a Theatre Technician based at Hawkins Theatre which a 270-seat performing arts venue suitable for all kinds of dance and music shows as well as cinema. The main purpose of the role is coordinating technical requirements of productions, events and film screenings within the facility.
He kōrero mōu: About you
To be successful in this position you will ideally hold a qualification in Performance Technology, along with at least 2-3 years' experience as a theatre technician in the performing arts and or cinema industry. Previous background working for a high volume commercial venue with an emphasis on lighting would be an added benefit.
The position holder's work flow will be dependent on theatre scheduling, so a high degree of flexibility and availability to work during evening and weekend hours is essential.
Other responsibilities of the role are:
- Providing full technical support (including rigging lights, sound engineering, lighting operation, AV set-up and executing seating configuration plan) for productions at the theatre
- Delivering set-up requirements pre- and postproduction.
- Developing and implementing maintenance plans and schedules.
- Being Duty Manager on evening and weekends.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
The Hawkins theatre is a prestigious venue that is a pioneer to the development of a performing arts to the thriving local community. If you are keen to give back to the community through your passion for the arts, we would love to hear from you. Apply today through our career site
Applications close 26th of May 2019
Auckland Council is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.