Display Technician - Gallery Renewal
Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Auckland War Memorial Museum: Connecting through sharing stories of people, lands and seas
Auckland Museum is a much-loved culture and heritage organisation at the heart of Auckland's identity, committed to outstanding management of its world-class collections and the employees and volunteers who tell the Museum's stories.
We encourage candidates to share their talents at this unique workplace, which embraces diversity and both acknowledges and nurtures our bicultural capabilities, as demonstrated in our Teu le Va and He Korahi Maori strategies.
Auckland Museum has three full-time fixed term opportunities (to 30 June 2020) for highly motivated Display Technicians to join the Museum at an exciting time of redevelopment and renewal. These positions sit within the Production Services Team and will be working on Gallery Renewal exhibition projects. You will contribute to the production of exhibition displays and associated furniture and fixtures, and the production of exhibition object displays, supports, mounts and interactives.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proficiency in metal work, joinery, model making, jewellery making or similar
- Preferred exhibition production and installation experience
- Ability to interpret detailed design & fabrication drawings
- Basic skill level in Solidworks, Auto CAD or similar software
- Preferred understanding of museum/archival collection management best practice & safe object handling principles
- Physically fit and fully capable of fulfilling the role, such as medium lifting, working at heights, work platforms etc
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent time management
- Current driver's license preferred
Closing date: 5pm Sunday 9th June 2019.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
You must be currently eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this fixed term position.
He Oranga Tangata ka ao
Enriching lives: Inspiring discoveries