Exhibitions Project Manager
MOTAT is an interactive museum with a focus on creating a fun, visually stimulating environment for its visitors. It is home to a unique mix of collections and experiences. Our goal is to make MOTAT a "must experience" museum and we want your help to continue that journey.
As Exhibitions Project Manager you are key to the successful delivery of MOTAT’s diverse and vibrant exhibition programme. With multiple exhibitions in development at any one time, the role is critical in ensuring projects are delivered on time, and within available resources.
Working closely with the Exhibitions Manager and the wider Exhibitions team, you will manage the exhibition development process for allocated exhibitions and provide project management assistance on others. You will develop and maintain project budgets, schedules, contracts, and coordinate MOTAT Team Members and suppliers to deliver high-quality exhibitions.
This role will give your problem solving, organisational and communication skills a chance to shine and you’ll work closely alongside creative minds and a team passionate about delivering the best experiences for our visitors.
We want to hear from you if you feel you will “hit the ground running” and have:
- Minimum five years’ project delivery experience ideally gained in a museum or gallery or a similar arts organisation such as theatre, film or TV. A relevant tertiary qualification is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of negotiating with and managing external contractors such as designers and fabricators.
- Experience with project management including budgeting and budget management, scheduling, reporting and risk management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and can influence and proactively work with the MOTAT team and suppliers.
- You will need excellent communication, research, organisational and report writing skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, holidays and weekends, when necessary.
MOTAT is a great place to work, where no two days are ever the same. Along with joining a team of passionate people, you will also get the benefit of flexible working hours and a day off on your birthday, as well as a MOTAT annual pass for you and your family.
Apply now and bring your project management skills and passion for exhibitions to this close-knit team.