OPPORTUNITY FOR A FESTIVAL DIRECTOR
We are looking for an exceptional, inspirational and energetic Festival Director for the Bay of Islands “UPSURGE“ Arts Festival experience, produced on behalf of the Bay of Islands Arts Festival Trust.
If you are…:
- Keen to create a Festival that engenders an expanded sense of community through engagement in great art;
- Confident that you can create, with the support of the Trust Board, a must-do arts experience;
- Willing to partner with artists, the community, and the audiences to create a distinctive event;
- Able to manage the logistical arrangements for a Festival (including website, ticketing, programming, marketing, artist liaison);
- Comfortable making funding applications, dealing with funders, and working with a Festival budget;
- Effective working independently and interacting with the governing Trust Board and local venues as appropriate;
- Excited about the chance to bring some fresh approaches to the “Arts Festival” mode
…then this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
“UPSURGE” is scheduled for April 2021 and is a now a highly anticipated event in the Bay of Islands. We are looking to appoint the Festival Director in July 2019. The position is currently a part-time position with the possibility of flexible working arrangments in the build up to the Festival.