Accounts and Office Coordinator
- Premier performing arts organisation
- Varied role; work across key accounting functions
- NZSO is a registered approved training organisation with CAANZ
Founded in 1946, the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra is the country’s national professional orchestra.
Today, the NZSO is recognised as an outstanding orchestra of international stature. It continues to grow and develop artistically, taking a challenging and varied programme of music to communities throughout New Zealand. In 2016 the NZSO was nominated for Best Orchestral Performance at the prestigious Grammy Awards.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Services, the Accounts and Office Coordinator undertakes the accounts payable and other day to day accounts processing functions, as well as provides administration support to the wider organisation and is a key member of a small but busy team.
This is a hugely varied role and a unique opportunity to work for a dynamic organisation whose employees are passionate about what they do. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to accounts payable and payments, invoicing and accounts receivable, cash management, account reconciliations, other accounting functions, a wide variety of office administration and facility maintenance responsibilities,
To be successful in this role you will be a strong team player, proactive, energetic, and confident. You will be customer service oriented and solutions focused. You have a good sense of humour and excited to learn new skills.
NZSO is a registered approved training organisation with the Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand (CAANZ). NZSO are keen to provide the opportunity to a person seeking to work towards their CA qualification. Complement your educational training with practical work experience and professional mentoring!
- May have previous accounts processing including office administration experience
- Committed to work towards a CA qualification
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service, both internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work across the organisation is essential
- Very good time management capabilities, and ability to prioritise own workload
- A strong eye for detail
- Ability to use initiative, be proactive and work autonomously
- Adaptable, flexible and efficient
- A sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to pick up new systems and processes easily
- Self-motivated with a good sense of humour and positive attitude
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 23rd June 2019
Applications to: Ngan Nguyen at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz