Visitor Experience Manager
MOTAT is an interactive museum with a focus on creating a fun, visually stimulating environment for its visitors. It is home to a unique mix of collections and experiences. Our goal is to make MOTAT a "must experience" museum and we want your help to continue that journey.
As the Visitor Experience Manager you will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of MOTAT programmes and events. You will lead a small team and work collaboratively to deliver innovative experiences and events designed to both achieve MOTAT’s vision of being a lightbulb institution and increase visitation at the Museum, continuing to improve MOTAT’s unique programme of experiences and events.
We want to hear from you if you are creative, hands on and have:
- Minimum five years’ experience in Programme development and delivery, ideally gained in public events or theatrical background.
- Demonstrated experience in event and/or experience planning and coordination while working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated skills in handling changing and competing demands on time, with operational experience running public events and troubleshooting issues.
- Excellent people management experience; experience leading creative teams preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to relate to people at all levels and to develop positive working relationships.
- Experienced in managing budgets and project plans with a high degree of computer literacy.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, holidays and weekends, when necessary.
MOTAT is a great place to work, where no two days are ever the same. Along with joining a team of passionate people, you will also get the benefit of flexible working hours and a day off on your birthday, as well as a MOTAT annual pass for you and your family.
If you have the enthusiasm and passion for delivering memorable experiences we would like to hear from you.