Public Programme Manager
Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Auckland War Memorial Museum: Connecting through sharing stories of people, lands and seas.
Auckland Museum is a much-loved culture and heritage organisation at the heart of Auckland's identity, committed to outstanding management of its world-class collections and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum's stories.
This is an exceptional opportunity; you will bring with you public programming expertise and strategic thinking to drive engaging, innovative and relevant experiences for diverse audiences
You will be responsible for the development and delivery of an integrated public programme that is strong at our core, shared and connected through digital channels and alive in Auckland communities. You’ll be an advocate for the museum locally, regionally and nationally, and will possess a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
Key accountabilities include:
- Leading the strategic development and growth of an innovative and integrated public programme.
- Working with the audience development and engagement team to build a strong community empowered approach that fosters participation, collaboration and contribution from Auckland's diverse communities.
- Ensuring the Māori Dimension (He Korahi Māori) and Pacific Dimension (Teu le Vā) are embedded into audience development and engagement programmes.
- Ensuring visitation and income targets are met onsite, offsite and online.
- Promoting project and change management methodologies to successfully deliver transformational and business projects in line with the Museum's strategy and priorities.
To be successful in this role you will have;
- A minimum of 5 years senior management experience in the creative or GLAM sector, preferably with Museum experience.
- Demonstrable skills in the identification and application of public programming best practice within the GLAM sector, using an advanced understanding of contemporary public programming practice, future-thinking ideas, creativity and market knowledge to ensure excellence and innovation.
- Proven leadership and effective management of direct reports including team engagement, recruitment, performance development, talent management and retention.
- Proven experience in driving reflective practice leading to continuous improvement in audience development and engagement programmes.
- Led the implementation, improvement and evolution of policies, processes and tools for the team.
- Proven experience of effectively managing internal and external stakeholder relationships at multiple levels of an organisation, with the ability to influence and persuade through personal credibility, integrity and professionalism.
- Experience driving a culture of achievement that fosters a focus on quality.
Closing date: Tuesday 9 July at 5pm.
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
He Oranga Tangata ka ao