New Zealand Pacific Studio is seeking applications from accomplished musicians in the blues/jazz genre for a two week fellowship.
The Jazz/Blues Fellowship, in its inaugural year, is possible through a donation from the winding up of the assets of the Cross Creek Blues Club.
A condition of the fellowship is to prepare for a concert, the proceeds of which will fund the next year’s fellowship. Local musicians can be available as required for backing and your application should indicate your requirements for additional musicians and equipment.
The 2018/19 Jazz/Blues Music Fellow will be in residence for two weeks, before 1 December 2019 (and ideally between 15 October and 30 November 2019).
Accommodation costs are sponsored and complimentary transportation is offered to/from the train/bus station in Masterton. The residency is self-catering.
Visit http://www.artistresidency.org.nz/433676/ for more information.
Applicants may propose a project of more than two weeks in duration or an application from a duo would be considered, but accommodation and transportation costs beyond the fellowship provision would be met by the applicant/s.
Selection will be based on the nature and strength of an applicant’s project, the degree to which all parties would benefit, the relevance to the Masterton community, and on the letters received from referees (whom we will contact for shortlisted applicants).
How to apply
Please propose a project that extends your practice and would involve the community.
Please e-mail NZ Pacific Studio with the following in ONE PDF FILE under 1mb:
1. Biography. Less than 100 words.
2. Description of proposed project. Tell us why it is important to you, how you consider it important for the Wairarapa community, how the fellowship would benefit you and extend your practice at this time, and any specific requirements you may have. Less than 400 words.
3. The preferred 2-week period when you would like to be in residence. This must occur before December 2019 to meet conditions of the grant. If the project requires you to be in residence at a specific time, please state this.
4. A sample of your work. If text-based, no more than 1,000 words; if visual/audio, no more than 5 pieces.
5. Link to your website or a relevant website with your work.
6. Two referees. Name. Email address. Relationship to applicant. Landline telephone number and/or mobile number.
Applications close midnight 01 August 2019, NZ time.
Apply by e-mail to New Zealand Pacific Studio: firstname.lastname@example.org.
[NZPS also offers fee-based residencies. See http://www.artistresidency.org.nz/contact/apply.html ]
Key skills sought:
A concert level ability in jazz or blues music. Commitment to a personal creative practice and the ability to connect easily with the community.
1 August 2019
New Zealand Pacific Studio, email@example.com, www.artistresidency.org.nz, https://www.facebook.com/MtBruceNZ
Submitted by New Zealand Pacific Studio Artists' Residency Centre