Here is your chance to join the senior management team of a company that has “changed the way theatre is made in this country” (NZ Herald, 2019).
Basement Theatre is looking for an Operations Manager - a role which supports the Executive Director through oversight of all of our venue operations and programme activities.
You will have:
- strong financial, administrative and people management skills;
- an ability to assess team capacity and delegate workloads to respond to this;
- excellent communication skills to assist in reporting activities;
- experience in managing complex deadlines; and
- an enjoyment for setting up organisational systems and improving processes.
Basement is starting a new chapter of its journey as a home for independent artists in Tāmaki Makaurau and has set some bold goals to improve artist sustainability, wellbeing and audience accessibility.
The Operations Manager will be critical in helping Basement achieve these goals and in meeting the highest standards of operational practice as a venue and creative sector organisation.
These skills/attributes will offer you an advantage above other candidates:
- Understanding of tikanga, te ao Māori and ability to speak te reo
- Experience as a senior health and safety officer; and/or in specialist areas of health and safety, including: cultural and emotional safety; Te Whare Tapa Whā; sexual harassment training
- Management experience in a hospitality environment - particularly proven success in creating a welcoming, community atmosphere
- Details-oriented person who is capable of maintaining highly accurate accounting processes (bookkeeping experience not required as this role works closely with our bookkeeper)