OPPORTUNITY FOR A FESTIVAL DIRECTOR
The Nelson Arts Festival turns 25 this year with a new Trust at the helm and a new strategy.
We are looking for a visionary Festival Director with exceptional leadership skills to embrace our new strategy and deliver an unmissable programme of exceptional quality arts experiences for diverse communities across the top of the South/Te Tau Ihu. This role would be working collaboratively the Festival General Manager.
If you …
- Enjoy taking a leadership role and are keen to take an active role in arts leadership
- Are a change champion and relish the opportunity to deliver on a new strategic direction for the Nelson Arts Festival
- Share the values described in our strategy
- Enjoy working collaboratively and reaching out to communities
- Are confident that, with the support of the Trust Board, you can create an unmissable programme of quality arts experiences
- Are willing to partner with artists, the community, and diverse communities to create an unmissable event
- Have experience in forming strong stakeholder relationships
- Able to manage the logistics for a Festival (including website, ticketing, programming, marketing, artist liaison);
- Comfortable making funding applications, dealing with funders, and working with a Festival budget;
… we would love to hear from you.
We aim to recruit the successful applicant in time to “shadow” the current Festival Director during this year’s Festival, October 18-October 28, stepping into the role at the end of the Festival.