Placemaking + Community Project Coordinator
Place Creative is seeking an experienced Placemaking and Community Project Coordinator to support the delivery of a diverse range of projects in Auckland.
Who we are:
Place Creative navigates the complexities of local government and urban environments to create great places and thriving communities. We specialise in place activation and strategy, tactical urbanism, innovative community engagement and creative responses to construction. People are at the centre of what we do.
We work with local government and other agencies ;
- Unlock the potential of a place and strengthen community through events and activities.
- Undertake meaningful engagement to get perspectives from a wide range of people.
- Quickly and cheaply trial changes to the built environment as a way to inform future investment and engage stakeholders
- Use creative methods to mitigate the impacts of construction to ensure areas remain great places to work, live, visit or do business.
For examples of our work go to www.placecreative.co.nz
This role involves working closely with the company director to:
- Develop project scopes and project plans
- Coordinate project implementation
- Engage with stakeholders and manage client relationships
- Undertake research and analysis
- Write proposals and reports
- Provide best practice placemaking and community development advice
To be considered for this opportunity, you need to demonstrate:
- A passion for urbanism, place making and community development
- Previous experience in community/placemaking project coordination and delivery. This includes managing project budgets, timelines and subcontractors/collaborators
- Experience in the following areas: public participation planning and/or policy, placemaking, community development, community-led project management, community engagement or tactical urbanism
- An ability to connect and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders and understand the differing perspectives and priorities of each.
You also need:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently and use initiative
- Spatial sensibility/understanding
- A willingness to learn and the flexibility to undertake new projects/challenges as they arise
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign + Illustrator)
- Fluency in google apps (Docs, Sheets, Calendar etc)
This role will be a part-time contract of up to 16 hours per week depending on work-load and based from our office in Eden Terrace.