Digital Content Editor
Tāwhiri is the creative force behind the New Zealand Festival, Wellington Jazz Festival, Lexus Song Quest, Made In Wellington, and Second Unit. We believe creativity is a powerful current that flows across borders and permeates transformative experiences between artists and audiences.
This is an exciting opportunity (fixed-term, full-time, July/August 2019 to March 31 2020) to work across Tāwhiri produced events with a primary focus on the New Zealand Festival including some work on the Wellington Jazz Festival, Second Unit, and Lexus Song Quest.
The Digital Content Editor works with the Head of Marketing and Story (HOMS) to produce and edit digital content across a range of Tāwhiri’s entities. This role is responsible for managing the New Zealand Festival and related Tāwhiri websites refresh and optimization, producing and editing email newsletters and marketing campaigns, overseeing digital advertising, and produces content for social media, and external channels.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience producing and editing digital marketing content. The ideal candidate will have developed strong arts-focused digital content skills, has a keen eye for design and video as a marketing and storytelling medium, is cool under pressure, loves variety and is up for the challenges and rewards of working in a multi-event context.
The key capabilities of the role are:
- Planning: With HOMS, develop a critical path and budget for production of digital marketing campaign including the festival website, associated digital publications and adhere to these once approved.
- Research and Resource Management: Take charge of all matters relating to the research, gathering and management of all resource materials necessary to service the promotional, publicity, and digital publication requirements of the 2020 New Zealand Festival and other events.
- Production of Content: Produce great quality written and digital content including video, photography, and graphics for owned and paid digital channels including the Festival website, advertising, social media, and email marketing. Ideal candidate has a keen eye for design and experience with the using video as a tool for storytelling and increasing engagement.
- Web and Digital Channel Management: Produce and maintain the Festival website refresh, produce digital direct marketing campaigns and email newsletters in coordination with Print Content Editor, supervise digital content production for social media channels including video, oversee online advertising campaigns, and other Festival digital content and miscellaneous communications as required.
- Professional Team Player: Ability to work in a high-pressure collaborative environment, remain level-headed and juggle competing priorities. Work hours will vary day-to-day and flexibility (particularly during Festival times) is essential.
Please see our website for the full Job Description – https://www.festival.co.nz/about/work-with-us/
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years proven experience in writing, editing, and producing engaging digital content for a variety of platforms and media, including website content, blogs, e-newsletters and social media
- The ability to copywrite and edit English to a high standard, combining attention to detail with a creative and engaging style
- Strong record keeping and budget management skills
- Excellent time management and forward planning skills
- Ability to think strategically and creatively and carry out responsibilities independently
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cohesive team for achievement
- Ability to use content management systems
- Understanding of the importance of SEO and how to produce content optimised for search
- Understanding of digital content strategy, UI and UX, including user journeys across multiple digital products
- Experience with online advertising, web-based ecommerce strategies and tactics
- Experience with videography and using video as a storytelling medium and marketing tool to increase engagement across digital channels including web, social, and email.
- Familiarity with iterative development and continuous improvement in digital product lifecycles
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom, Premier Pro), Word, Excel, Outlook (or equivalent). Experience in Office 365 is a plus.
- Experience in creating content in response to audience metrics and audience strategy(via Google Analytics, or similar)