Print Content Editor
POSITION DESCRIPTION - Print Content Editor
Tāwhiri is the creative force behind the New Zealand Festival, Wellington Jazz Festival, Lexus Song Quest, Made In Wellington, and Second Unit. We believe creativity is a powerful current that flows across borders and permeates transformative experiences between artists and audiences.
This is an exciting opportunity (fixed-term, full-time, July/August 2019 to March 31 2020) to work across Tāwhiri produced events with a primary focus on the New Zealand Festival including some work on the Wellington Jazz Festival, Second Unit, and Lexus Song Quest.
You will support the Head of Marketing and Story (HOMS) and the Marketing team to manage all matters relating to the writing, editing, and production of printed content and advertising including the Festival programme brochure, all event programmes, oversee production of print advertising (posters, flyers, etc.) with support of Marketing Coordinator, and all other Festival publications and miscellaneous communications as required.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years’ experience producing and editing printed content. The ideal candidate will have developed strong arts focused print content production and editing skills, industry networks, is cool under pressure, loves variety and is up for the challenges and rewards of working in a multi-event context.
The key capabilities of the role are:
- Planning: With HOMS, develop a critical path and with a budget for production of print and online publications and adhere to these once approved.
- Research and Resource Management: Take charge of all matters relating to the research, gathering and management of all resource materials necessary to service the promotional, publicity and publication requirements of the 2020 New Zealand Festival and other events.
- Production of Written Content: Produce great quality written content for all print publications, owned and paid channels including writing for the Festival website and email campaigns as needed.
- Production of Publications + Print Advertising: Compile and produce the Festival programme brochure, all event programmes, oversee production of print advertising (posters, flyers, etc) with support of Marketing Coordinator, and all other Festival publications and miscellaneous communications as required.
- Relationship Management: Effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders during all stages of production process.
- Professional Team Player: Ability to work in a high-pressure collaborative environment, remain level-headed and juggle competing priorities. Work hours will vary day-to-day and flexibility (particularly during Festival times) is essential.
Please see our website for the full Job Description – https://www.festival.co.nz/about/work-with-us/
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years proven experience in writing, proofing, and editing persuasive, engaging written content for a variety of platforms and media with a focus on print publications. Experience in website content, blogs, e-newsletters advantageous.
- Strong record keeping and budget management skills
- Excellent time management and forward planning skills
- Ability to think strategically and creatively and carry out responsibilities independently
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cohesive team for achievement
- Impeccable spelling and grammar, as well as excellent creative writing, researching and editing skills
- The ability to edit and copy-edit English to a high standard, combining attention to detail with a creative, engaging style
- Experience of working with Te Reo Māori and translators
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, receptive to input from many stakeholders and able to share knowledge
- Experience in writing for an arts audience, both to a brief and independently
- An understanding of the principles and process of print publications production and writing with a keen eye for layout and design
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), Page Proof, Word, Excel, Outlook (or equivalent). Experience in Office 365 is a plus.
- Experience in writing to strict word limits while maintaining accuracy and accessibility