The Auckland Writers Festival Waituhi o Tāmaki seeks a Business Manager to join our small, high-performing team.
The Festival is one of this country’s pre-eminent cultural events, delivering a six day, 200+ event programme with around 40 international and more than 160 New Zealanders each May. It has established an outstanding international reputation for its quality and breadth, and attracts attendance of more than 82,000 from around New Zealand and farther afield.
Working to the Festival Director, and closely with all members of the team, you will be responsible for operational and financial matters including:
- Oversight of office management and administration
- Drafting and implementation of policies and procedures
- Invoice and payment authorisations
- Grant procurement, contracting, delivery and reporting
- Co-leadership of sponsorship procurement, contracting, delivery and reporting
- Other contracting across production, artistic and administration areas
- Preparation of designated board papers including financial papers
You will be someone with strong financial skills, preferably with knowledge of Xero, good networking skills and proven experience in grant and sponsorship procurement, administration and project management. A knowledge of, and interest in, the world of books and writing is preferred, as is experience with arts event production.
You will enjoy multi-tasking and thrive in an open plan environment as part of a close team, bringing a collaborative style, good interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a hands-on approach including on the ground at the annual Festival and at out-of-season events.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 24 July.
For further information, or to submit your CV and letter of application, please contact Festival Administrator Christina Chan, firstname.lastname@example.org