Booksellers NZ seeks an Association Manager, to lead our small and passionate team.
Booksellers NZ is a thriving membership organisation supporting more than 200 bookshops to sell more books. We add value for our members on a daily basis through the provision of membership services including marketing support for book tokens and gift cards; an annual conference; summer catalogue; sale and redemption of tokens and access to industry/sector information and expertise to help our bookshops thrive.
Booksellers NZ is governed by a Board of Directors. This is a full time role reporting to the Board Chair.
The Association Manager will be responsible for implementing the strategic direction, financial oversight, and managing a small team to deliver high quality membership services.
You will be someone with:
- strong interpersonal skills – able to build trust and confidence within the sector and amongst our members
- a head for numbers and preferably a working knowledge of Xero
- experience with website management
- a strategic bent – be able to see the big picture and look and plan ahead
- ability to multitask – this is a hands on role and you will operating the business on a day to day basis
- marketing and communications skills – undertake creative, consistent and relevant communication with members, within a small budget
- a collaborative style, who will work alongside the Board and members to achieve results
- a knowledge of, and an interest in, the world of books and bookselling.
This is a pivotal role within the industry for an enthusiastic and passionate advocate of bookselling.