Auditorium Services Manager
Auditorium Services Manager
- Auditorium and theatre management
- Entertainment or events production
- Albany location with park-like grounds
Due to the retirement of our current super star we are needing a dynamic and energetic person to come in and join our Kristin family! This role is responsible for overseeing the bookings, inquiries and delivery of events for our 1100 seat Auditorium and 200 seat Dove theatre. These facilities are constantly in demand for assemblies, school productions, parent information evenings, staff meetings, dance performances, drama and dance classes, prize givings and many more. This person is instrumental is collaborating with the users of the venues to ensure the smooth running of events by actively managing logistics and overseeing sound and AV technicians to deliver on exact specifications. Reporting to the Director of Business Services, this role works extremely closely with the Visual & Performing Arts faculty on a daily basis. The role is full-time, Monday to Friday 8.00 am – 4.30 pm however you need to be flexible to work late afternoons or evenings as required for the event planned. While term time is extremely busy, there is more flexibility and down time during the term breaks.
Experience and skills needed
- Exceptional customer service aptitude and willingness to go the extra mile
- People co-ordination and motivation
- Highly organised, with great attention to detail
- An understanding of theatre production, technical and stage areas
- Budget preparation and management
- An understanding of Health and Safety practices with stage events
- Passion for working with students from 4 to 18-year olds
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft office and Google docs
- and patience with a great sense of humour!
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate commitment to Kristin's values and its distinct motto to "Progress with Vision, Integrity and Love".
Kristin is one of New Zealand's finest independent, non-denominational, co-educational schools with close to 300 staff. It provides exceptional education for over 1650 students from Early Learning to Year 13. The School attracts highly talented staff that inspires outstanding academic achievement and offers a high performing array of co-curricular activities. Progressive and global in its approach, Kristin provides dual pathways through NCEA and the International Baccalaureate, a well-reputed international programme.
Benefits & Culture
Kristin offers the opportunity to work with a tight knit dedicated team, committed to providing exceptional care for staff and students. This role offers a friendly and welcoming community, professional development, competitive remuneration, tuition fee discount, park-like grounds, staff car parking and staff gymnasium.