Objectspace is Aotearoa’s leading gallery dedicated to the fields of design, craft and architecture. It seeks to invigorate exhibition making and support critical engagement in these fields, and provide a wealth of opportunities to engage and expand knowledge of material cultures.
In 2017 Objectspace underwent a major development, relocating to the new purpose redesigned premises on Rose Road in Ponsonby, bringing with it a shift in scale to four exhibition spaces and the provision of a dedicated public programming space and library. Objectspace also delivers a range of services to the design and craft sectors. These include professional development opportunities, programme delivery, and international relationship development.
Objectspace is looking for an individual to fill the key role of Programme Manager, this position is responsible for assisting the director in the day-to-day management of the organisation, the management of exhibition and changeover schedules, and the care of incoming and outgoing artworks. Some event management is also required.
Position Title: Programme Manager
Responsible To: Director, Objectspace
Hours: Full time at 40 hours per week
- The management of annual programming schedules
- The management of exhibition changeover schedules
- Organisation of building contractors including painters, gallery technicians, cleaners and hospitality providers
- Volunteer management
- The management of front-of-house and event staff rosters
- Preparation of exhibition and public programme reports
- Project management of special events including exhibition openings
- The professional care of incoming and outgoing artworks
- The management of Objectspace touring exhibitions
Proven experience in an arts related management position is required. A tertiary qualification in museum studies, the arts, or related fields will be advantageous.
This is a permanent full time position working 40 hours per week commencing in September/October in 2019. Applicants must have a full driver’s license and be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
Applications close on Wednesday 28 August at 10.30pm. Shortlisted interviews will take place at Objectspace on 2 September, 2019.
How to apply
For a full job description and for how to apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org