Exhibition Technician (Fixed Term - 6 Weeks)
We have just re-opened for Alert Level 2 and require some extra hands to pitch in creating our exciting new exhibitions. If you have carpentry skills, are able to take direction and work in a team and the ability to move bulky objects while being delicate with items then we need you!
We need an experienced, professional handy man type to answer our call immediately. This is a 40hours per week role to be completed between 8.30am – 5.00pm Thursday to Monday for the fixed term of 6 weeks. Although we would prefer the ability to work long/ flexible hours, as early starts or late finishes may be required to meet deadlines.
- Responsible for the construction, fabrication, maintenance and repair of exhibition components and other projects as directed by the Exhibitions Coordinator.
- Responsible for maintenance and other exhibition operational concerns.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of manual, digital and audio-visual interactive elements of the exhibitions.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Able to lift and move heavy, bulky objects as well as smaller and delicate items (respect for the museum environment is essential)
- Good team work skills, able to work quickly and follow direction
- Carpentry, or other building skills essential. Trade qualifications are not essential however high quality finishing is.
- Ability to work long/ flexible hours to meet deadlines.
MOTAT is an interactive museum with a focus on creating experiences where visitors get to see technology in action. It is home to a unique mix of collections and experiences. Our goal is to make MOTAT a "must experience" museum and we want your help to continue that journey.
Apply now and bring your creativity and passion to work with you.
We are looking to fill this role quickly with an immediate start date, the role will be closed as soon as we hire.
This role is 40 hours per week Thursday to Monday for a fixed term of 6 weeks.