Duty Manager - Hawkins Theatre
- 2 x permanent part-time (20hr) positions available
- Work in the exciting and varied world of theatre
- Based at Hawkins Theatre
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
Hawkins Theatre in Papakura is on the lookout for two Duty Managers to be the senior management representatives on-site. You will be fully responsible for the timely and professional delivery of all aspects of facilities services including; front of house, food & beverage and operational management.
This is not a 'behind the scenes' role, you will be an integral part of our theatre, understanding the logistics and set up required every day. You will need to be hands-on and be willing to jump in and assist the team in providing customer service to the highest standard.
He kōrero mōu: About you
You will primarily take responsibility for the on-the-day delivery and management in Hawkins Theatre including front of house, basic technical assistance, food, and beverage so a background of corporate, event or hospitality is essential.
To be a success in this role, you will need a professional and approachable manner with impeccable customer service skills. You will be able to think on your feet, be creative and problem solve in a pressured environment.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 2 years+ experience is a Senior Supervisor role or 1 year + in a Duty Manager role.
- Proven ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop staff
- Impeccable customer service skills and experience
- The ability to think outside the square, challenge the way things are done and propose suggestions for improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage and lead staff, casual, ushers, security and contractors
- A driver’s licence is desirable
- A demonstrated understanding of the cultural diversity within New Zealand and a commitment to positive working relationships with all cultural groups
You must be willing to work flexible hours, (including evenings, early mornings, late finishes, weekends and public holidays) with a commitment to work the hours required. You would be expected to work 20 hours a week.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
If you want to be part of a vibrant team, committed to delivering outstanding events to world-class standards, then we want to hear from you!
Auckland Council is committed to the protection and wellbeing of children. This role is classified as a Children's Worker role under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014. As such applicants will be required to undergo police vetting prior to commencing employment. Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory police check.
This role is deemed safety-sensitive and in line with the Auckland Council policy, you will be required to complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Applications close 16th of September 2019
Auckland Council is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.