Walking Tour Guide, Auckland Central
Are you a fit, confident Aucklander with a flair for storytelling?
Aucky Walky Tours reveal the city's lanes, legends and best local food to international visitors.
We need a part-time summer guide to lead our top-rated city walking tours.
Step up one and all!
Lead visitors on our three-hour 'Hello Auckland' small-group walking tour around the city.
This role requires leadership, performance, creativity, time management and exceptional manaakitanga/visitor care.
You'll need to think on your feet and keep calm under pressure. A good sense of humour is essential.
- An outgoing Aucklander with good local knowledge
- Excellent spoken English
- Current First Aid certificate including CPR (or commitment to get one)
- Fit and healthy - each tour is around 3-4km ( including hills/stairs)
Experience in performing arts, tourism and/or teaching
Well-traveled either in NZ or overseas
Basic-level Te Reo Maori (pipiha, introducing yourself)
- Language skills - conversational Mandarin, German, French, Spanish and/or Italian.
- New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Flexibility to work a minimum of two shifts per week including weekends - subject to bookings
- Great references
- Team player
- No prior criminal convictions
In return we offer
- Attractive remuneration (plus you keep the tips)
- Full training in effective guide technique
- Small groups - maximum 8 guests
- Outstanding tour design
- Flexible part-time hours
- Experience in the walks tourism sector
- An active outdoors role
- Interaction with different cultures