Kaiwhakahaere Matua : General Manager
Ko te whanaketanga o ngā ringatoi te manako nui. He karanga tēnei ki a koe e te manawa wera ki te hunga rangatahi, waihoki ngā toi o te mahi whakaari. Ka mutu, ko te ngākau whakaute ki ngā ahurei kātoa tātou e karangatia nei
The growth of emerging performing artists is our vision. We are looking for someone who has a passion for youth and the arts, and an understanding and respect for all cultures to be our Manager.
Massive is looking for a new leader to work alongside the creative director and producer as the General Manager. We are a Kahikatea funded organisation with a mission to develop resilient arts practitioners and original authentic productions. Our primary focus is work with diverse youth in Auckland and Northland.
The General Manager is involved in growing and implementing our strategy, long term planning and budgeting, applying for funding, and managing the people and the organisational business.
We are looking for someone who has a warm and empathetic approach to all aspects of their work. The role requires a broad range of skills. The ideal candidate will be well versed with the performing arts, love working with a range of people, be super organised, and have a strong desire to achieve the company vision by working closely with the Artistic Director on programming and planning, and the board with strategy. Cultural competency is essential. Familiarity with producing events would be a considerable advantage.
Massive has a three year strategy and programme outline in place.
The Kaiwhakahaere Matua reports to the Board of Trustees
Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Strategy
- Working with the board and the Artistic Director to implement the current three year strategy
- Refine and detail the planning for 2021-2022
- Review and update the business plan annually
- Responsible for key funder stakeholder relationships
- Responsible for all accountability funding reports
- Responsible for relationships with venue partners
Funding and Financial Management
- Responsible for funding applications and strategy
- Refine and manage the annual budgets
- Manage the day to day finances
Project Management & Communications
- Manage the producer, admin and marketing support roles, and have overall responsibility for the logistics and budgets of the workshop activities (alongside the Artisitic Director)
- Manage the logistics and budgets for the productions (1-2 per annum), alongside the Producers
Further information on Massive :
Massive is in its 29th year of operating. Our key role in the theatre sector is the development of diverse performing arts practitioners. We deliver annual programmes of free performance workshops for 14-24 years, we develop directors in a bespoke year long course. We create an annual theatre production with emerging artists, and every second year present original theatre created with professional performers. Our workshop programme is delivered in Auckland and Northland. Our shows are presented in Auckland and Whangarei, and tour nationally and internationally. We are a team of 3.5, working out of central Auckland offices.