Tumu - Te Rito
Purpose of position:
- To provide leadership in the development and practices of Te Rito, NZMACI.
- To lead and manage all aspects of Te Rito.
- To lead and support interactions and engagements between NZMACI wānanga.
- To teach and take responsibility for iwi/Māori techniques and traditions and to develop and maintain a learning environment which encourages the retention, and perpetuation of such techniques.
- Collection and maintenance of appropriate resources for wānanga.
- Create, maintain and manage relationships with key stakeholders and in particular iwi Māori mai ngā hau e wha.
- Promote the maintenance and promotion of raranga techniques and processes locally and internationally through involvement and engagements as approved by the GM NZMACI.
- Develop and encourage whakaaro which ensures and maintains the integrity of the wānanga practices.
- Other duties as requested by the GM NZMACI which may be considered part of the total operation of the business.
- Provide advice and expertise to the business on matters relating to kaupapa raranga.
- Emotional intelligence
- Cultural intelligence and awareness
- Exceptional communication skills
- Basic to intermediate computer skills
- Open minded
- Self motivation
- Common sense
- Organisational and time management skills
- Leadership skills