Exciting opportunities with Unitec's School of Creative Industries
- 4x Senior Lecturer/ Lecturer and Discipline Leads
- January 2020 start
Are you passionate about activating the direction of the next generation of creative practitioners? This is your opportunity to be a leader in the changing field of Creative Industries in Auckland and beyond, in a dynamic School that encompasses Performing & Screen Arts and Design & Contemporary Arts.
We are now recruiting for four exciting permanent full-time positions in our School of Creative Industries; Senior Lecturer and / or Lecturer and Discipline Lead in each of the following professional subject areas:
- Contemporary Dance
- Screen Arts
- Acting for Stage and Screen
- Technical Production
In these roles, you'll provide students with exceptional teaching and learning, alongside pastoral and academic support to enable them to thrive. Working closely with the Academic Programme Manager and Head of School, you will be responsible for leading the design, development, and delivery of learning and teaching, in these exciting fields of practice. You'll also oversee a small team in your discipline, and work closely with industry and postgraduate offerings across the School.
To succeed, you'll be able to demonstrate:
- Experience as a tertiary education and/or industry leader in one or more of the disciplines of Acting, Contemporary Dance, Screen Arts, or Technical Production.
- Hold a minimum of a postgraduate qualification.
- Relevant discipline-based contribution or leadership to profession/industry/community.
- Evidenced expertise in teaching and training in the area of Acting, Dance, Screen, or Technical Production.
- Proven experience with programme design and development.
- Research activity.
You will provide leadership for teaching, learning and research (if applicable), as well as liaising with both industry and any related professional or regulatory bodies.
Please note: Discipline Lead is a role allocation for 18 months at a 0.2FTE. 0.8FTE will be allocated for teaching and research (if applicable). Please see the position description for more details.
Apply now if you share our passion of empowering our students to be even better tomorrow than they are today, by equipping them with the arts, screen skills and experiences to build a successful and rewarding career.
The closing date for applications are:
- Contemporary Dance - 18 October 2019
- Screen Arts - 11 October 2019
- Acting for Stage and Screen - 11 October 2019
- Technical Production - 18 October 2019
Please refer to the Position Description for further information.
Application process: When applying, please select which discipline you're applying for. Interview to take place two weeks after the close date, then if successful you will meet with the Head of Creative Industries. Successful candidate to look to start mid-January 2020
Please note; all appointments to senior academic positions, such as Senior Lecturer will need to be confirmed by Unitec's committee for senior appointments and promotions. The Senior Academic Staff Appointments and Promotion Policy can be found here.
Unitec Institute of Technology is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a supportive and inclusive environment for all employees.