Due to an internal promotion, we have a vacancy in our Collections and Exhibitions Team for a Preparator to join us at one of the region’s premier cultural and visitor destinations.
Preparators are at the front-line of museum delivery, using their high-level skills to construct and install a diverse range of physical exhibits. They’re crucial to the operation of Waikato Museum Te Whare Taonga o Waikato and what it offers visitors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and undertaking exhibit construction, installation and de-installation of Museum exhibitions. In addition, you will assist in the maintenance of exhibitions to the museum’s standards.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- An excellent working knowledge of workshop tools and equipment
- Experience in Photography and Video, and electronics
- The ability to meet deadline
- Ability to manage a number of projects at one time
- Imagination, and an open-minded responsive, flexible, and ‘can do’ attitude
- A knowledge of the ethics and principles of working in a museum
- Sound verbal and written communication skills including computer literacy
- Experience of art/object handling is also preferred
- A high level of physical fitness and health
- A full clean NZ driver’s license
Waikato Museum is staffed by a diverse, lively and friendly group of museum professionals who work closely together and strive to deliver a world-class museum experience.
This is a full-time role on a seven-day roster (40 hours per week, usually Monday to Friday, and working one weekend every five weekends with two RDOs). The recruiting range for this role starts at $46,096 per annum.
This role will be involved with a variety of tasks where no two days are the same. If this role sounds like it’s for you; we would love to hear from you.
All candidates will be notified of the outcome on their application via email. Short-listed candidates may be required to complete an interview process, reference checks, pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol assessments, credit check and a Ministry of Justice or Police vetting check.
For further information, and to submit your application online, head over to our careers website at https://hamilton.careercentre.net.nz/Job
Please note this role is being sourced directly and we are not accepting applications via external recruitment agencies. Only people who are eligible to work in New Zealand or who are certain they can gain eligibility through immigration processes should apply. Evidence will be required.
Permanent - Full Time
Job no: JDAO957498
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Closing Date: Sunday, 20 October 201