Design Studio Manager
Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Auckland War Memorial Museum: Connecting through sharing stories of people, lands and seas
Auckland Museum is a much-loved culture and heritage organisation at the heart of Auckland's identity, committed to developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events and educational programmes. We are Auckland's home of commemoration as well as the country's oldest research institution and a major tourist destination.
The Design Studio Manager is responsible for providing expert leadership, management and support of the Exhibition Design team in the specialist areas of graphic and spatial design. This is a newly established role within the wider Exhibitions Team, and is a fixed term full-time role until Dec 2021.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A relevant design qualification in architecture, product design, graphic design, or similar
- Demonstrated creativity in approach and ability to work with and develop innovative design products
- Demonstrated experience in design process, from concept to outset
- At least 10 years working in graphic and/or spatial design, with at least 5 years working in a Museum context.
- Superior leadership and people management skills
- Clear understanding of the design needs of audiences in a museum context
Closing date: 5pm 20 October 2019
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
Auckland Museum offers a rich and fulfilling work life where we embrace diversity and nurture our bicultural capability as demonstrated in our Teu le Va and He Korahi Maori strategies. We also offer a range of great benefits such as flexible work and leave and an award-winning wellbeing programme.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories, reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.He Oranga Tangata ka ao
Enriching lives: Inspiring discoveries