Mairangi Arts Centre has two great opportunities for artists in early/mid 2020. Both have application deadlines of November 15 2019.
(1) Artist in Residence (x1) (April 2020)
Mairangi Arts Centre (MAC) invites Tāmaki Makaurau, Auckland-based mid-career artists/creative practitioners/researchers in any field to apply for a residency at and around MAC.
MAC is a vibrant, community based visual arts education facility and exhibition venue in Mairangi Bay on the North Shore. It is one of the largest art centres in Auckland with over 25 tutors providing an ongoing programme of art classes and workshops to both children and adults.
The MAC garden situated above the main building is currently undergoing an exciting transformation. We are restoring pathways to connect and improve physical linkages with our local community, working with artists and interested parties to draw out new potentials for the site and collaborating with For The Love of Bees to develop a centre for regenerative learning.
Artists/creative practitioners/researchers interested in public space and local communities, gardens and plants, placemaking, site specific installations, multispecies design and related areas may find this residency interesting and of value.
- Location: At and around Mairangi Arts Centre, involving our park/garden space
- Residency Stipend: Lump-sum stipend of $5,000 (incl. GST)
- Residency Period: One month. To be completed in April 2020
- Disciplines: The residency will support artists/creative practitioners working in any medium/discipline
(2) Graduate Artist Award Exhibition (mid-2020)
Mairangi Arts Centre invites recent fine arts graduates to apply for the Mairangi Arts Centre Graduate Awards Exhibition where selected artists are each supported with a NZ$3,000 - $4000 artist fee to produce new work(s) for the awards exhibition.
- Location: Mairangi Arts Centre Main Gallery or MAC park/garden area, as appropriate
- Artist Fee: NZ$3,000 - $4, 000(incl. GST)
- Timeframe: Work(s) to be exhibited mid-2020
- Disciplines: The awards will support graduate artists working in any medium/discipline.
Please see "How to Apply" for more details.
Both programmes are supported by the Hibiscus and Bays Local Board, for which MAC is extremely grateful.
How to apply
All details, including application procedure are available from the following documents.
Mairangi Arts Centre Residency details: https://mairangiarts.co.nz/sites/default/files/MAC_Residency_2020.pdf
Mairangi Arts Centre Graduate Awards Exhibition: https://mairangiarts.co.nz/sites/default/files/MAC_Graduate_Awards_2020.pdf
The application for both programmes is November 15 2019 (Friday)