EXTERNAL ENGAGEMENT DIVISION
Who we are
Turning 150 years old this year, the University of Otago is New Zealand's first and oldest University. It has a strong teaching and research tradition and well-established national and international linkages. It is also one of New Zealand's largest universities, with over 20,000 students, assets in excess of $1.6 billion and 4,000 full-time equivalent staff based in Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington, Auckland and Invercargill.
Ranked within the top 1% of universities in the world, the University of Otago recognises that our staff are the key to our success.
These are exciting times to be joining the University, as we are in the midst of a phase of growth following significant investment in central marketing services. The Marketing Content and Publications team, within Marketing Services, is responsible for all website, student app, and print marketing content.
As the University photographer, you will provide innovative and engaging photography services that support the University brand and strategic objectives. Your creative energies will feature in a wide range of marketing materials including: print and digital advertisements, websites, print collateral, and presentations.
Working with University departments and the broader Marketing Services teams you will:
- Develop a recognisable University photographic style as a key element in the University's visual identity.
- Advise on imagery selection to support messaging and strategic objectives.
- Manage the University's online image library and ensure continual renewal of University stock photography files of campus locations, buildings, staff and students.
- Ensure talent releases are completed, collected and archived per the University's imagery regulations and procedures.
Your skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will have a flair for creativity and proven experience:
- Producing images for a wide range of marketing and communications briefs.
- Working with stakeholders and delivering high quality photographic content, on brief and aligned to branding requirements.
- Using and maintaining a wide range of photography/videography technical equipment.
- Building rapport and putting people at ease.
- Working under pressure, prioritising and managing conflicting deadlines.
If the opportunity to help build the University of Otago's visual identity while working within a supportive team environment appeals, please submit your CV and a concise portfolio of work (PDF or online).
This is a part-time (0.8 FTE), permanent position.
We offer a competitive salary, 5 weeks annual leave, a 6.75% superannuation scheme, and the ability to achieve real work/life balance.
Note: As a part-time position, the salary range for this role will be the pro-rata equivalent of the annual full-time salary range listed.
Applications quoting reference number 1902183 will close on Sunday, 17 November 2019.
To see a full job description and to apply online go to: https://otago.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1902183
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.