Multi-Skilled Handyperson for Community Theatre
Excellent working conditions with a leading community theatre
We at Howick Little Theatre believe in providing superior service, quality and are proud of our standards. We have an opportunity for a confident, self-motivated person with a high attention for detail to work as an independent contractor for our theatre in Lloyd Elsmore Park, Pakuranga.
As a Multi-Skilled Handyperson, you will be responsible for:
You name it, we need it. Hands-on repairs and preventative maintenance, from all manner of repairs big or small and in between.
- Skilled building repairs, painting to furniture repairs.
- Monthly emergency systems checks
We need to add a multi-talented handy person to our team. If you are good with general repairs and maintenance, and thrive on variety, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Ideal skills for the role include:
- Skills and experience in general property management, carpentry and painting
- A good level of fitness and ability to use a ladder
- A tool kit suitable for completing our many and varied tasks
- Experience to back up your trade qualifications
- Experience in variety level skills and use of varied machinery to perform the tasks
- An engaging and respectful approach to customer service
- The ability to problem solve on their own and work unsupervised
- Bring a can-do attitude and an appetite for new ideas and initiatives to overcome challenges
- A willingness to take ownership of the presentation of the facility to a high standard
- Be extremely reliable and willing to work extra hours if required
- A NZ full driver's licence
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
The successful applicant must be extremely reliable and preferably able to work between 9am and 2.30pm, Monday to Friday, when required..
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be entitled to a good hourly rate and a great environment. Don't delay, apply now.