Collection Assistant - Photography
Permanent full time position working 40 hours per week MTG Hawke's Bay is an award-winning museum, home of the region's taonga and other treasures. We have an amazing opportunity for a highly motivated and skilled Collection Assistant - Photography to join our Collections team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for photography and copyright of the Hawke's Bay Museums Trust collection held by MTG Hawke's Bay. The role manages external image requests, copyright permission and photography of collections. This position reports to the Collections Coordinator.
If you are passionate about copyright, photography and working with the MTG collection we want to hear from you!
What you need to bring to this position:
- Significant photography experience along with a tertiary qualification in photography
- Excellent understanding of copyright legislation
- Museum collection experience is desirable
- Customer service focus and good skills in engaging with the public
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and work unsupervised
- Competence in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel including other specialised software (ie, Vernon)
As part of your application please provide a link to your portfolio (in your cover letter or CV), or you can paste a link to your portfolio to the application form.
Napier City Council is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.
Our preferred candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which will include drug testing and a police check.