Graphic Designer – Visitor Experience (Fixed Term)
MOTAT is an interactive museum with a focus on creating a fun, visually stimulating environment for its customers. It is home to a unique mix of collections and experiences. Our goal is to make MOTAT a "must experience" museum and we want your help to continue that journey.
We are looking a Graphic Designer to support the Visitor Experience, this role sits in the Marketing and Communications Team. You will provide in-house graphic design, desktop publishing and photographic services in accordance with the overall marketing and promotional strategy, including designing for digital and ad hoc design for the wider MOTAT Team.
Some of the key responsibilities:
- Create innovative design concepts for campaigns for MOTAT events, holiday experiences and visitor engagement activities based on internal stakeholder briefs.
- Project manage the design requirements for advertising and campaigns as per campaign schedule including advertising for web, print and out-of-home, ensuring supplier deadlines are met.
- Provide graphic design and services for events, holiday experiences, normal and wide format print based signage, collateral including: booklet, branded merchandise and unique take home items, and activity requirement.
- Provide on demand professional photography services for promotion of staff profiles, events and public relations.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- 4 years plus experience in a graphic design role, with a focus on designing for print and digital marketing campaigns with a graphic design tertiary qualification.
- exceptional communication skills, as well as knowledge of lighting and exposure techniques.
- The ability to demonstrate illustrating and creative concept development skills from a briefing in order to meet set requirements.
- Proficient in PC based software applications (Adobe Creative Cloud), such as Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and all MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to relate to people at all levels and build strong working relationships.
- Strong time management skills.
MOTAT is a great place to work, where no two days are ever the same. Along with joining a team of passionate people, you will also get the benefit of flexible working hours and a day off on your birthday, as well as a MOTAT annual pass for you and your family.
This is a full-time, Monday to Friday, fixed term role for 18 months,