OrganisationNew Zealand Comedy Trust & NZ International Comedy Festival
Closes25 Nov 2019
Posted on18 Nov 2019
Work typeFull time employment, Contract
Work classificationManagement & Admin, Performing Arts, Other
The New Zealand Comedy Trust was established in 1995 to manage the NZ International Comedy Festival and foster the growth of comedy as a performing art in New Zealand.
The Comedy Fest has since grown into one of the most loved boutique events of its type in the world. Held simultaneously over three weeks in Auckland and Wellington during May each year, the Festival is now a major nationwide event with a total attendance of over 85,000 each year.
As our Festival Assistant, you will be part of a busy team responsible for the smooth running of the 2020 Comedy Festival. This is a varied and fast-paced role, and you will be involved in all aspects of administration for the Festival, as well as providing support for the wider team. You will be the main contact for all artist queries, and will assist with contracts, ticketing, event planning and general office duties.
To succeed in the role you will have:
- Previous office experience (1-3 years).
- Effective time management and administration skills, along with a keen eye for detail.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent communication, relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- A high level of initiative, self-motivation and enthusiasm.
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a small, dedicated team.
- A passion for comedy and live performance.
- Experience in the arts or entertainment industries is highly desirable, and a love for laughter is essential.
If you want a career in the arts, this is a great starting point. You’ll get to work in a fun, festival environment where we work hard but also have a good time.
Our Vision: To champion the art of laughter. The Trust supports, inspires, connects, challenges, develops and encourages excellence in the New Zealand comedy industry so that more people laugh – more often.
This is a fixed term position running from 8 January to 19 June 2019, and based in Auckland Central. More information about the work of the Trust can be found at www.comedyfestival.co.nz
Applications close 10pm, Monday 25 November.