Design and Communications Summer Internship
As part of its Summer Internship Programme, Sustainable Coastlines has a vacancy for a design and communications wiz.
The Design and Communications Intern will work closely with our communications team to produce design collateral and assist with Sustainable Coastlines’ online presence and communications with both our audience and our sponsors.
The role will involve proposing, researching, and adapting content ideas. These may include campaigns, memes, and infographics that could potentially be created or repurposed for Sustainable Coastlines’ online channels. It will also involve assisting with planning for social media, sourcing images, and publishing pre-drafted posts.
There will also be some general admin and work in the partnerships space, including responding to lower-level relationship requests and other queries through our shared inbox, organising the calendar of the Strategic Partnerships Director, and planning our quarterly ‘Friends Of’ event. There will also be the opportunity to assist with developing funding projects, campaign ideas and a ‘sponsor leverage’ toolkit to help our sponsors get the most out of their association with us.
The person we’re looking for is self-motivated and creative; they have excellent attention to detail, a good understanding of brand appropriateness, a flair for social media, experience in communications, and experience using the Adobe suite.
Skills and experience gained:
- Working in a high-functioning and supportive team environment.
- Design skills: adapting templates and producing design for social media using Adobe InDesign and Illustrator.
- Communication skills including writing, producing effective designs, and a greater understanding of brand appropriateness.
- Software experience: WordPress, Salesforce, MailChimp, and Trello.
- An understanding of the partnerships space: what goes into funding a non-profit organisation.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Experience in coordinating social media and managing databases.
- Adobe suite, particularly InDesign and Illustrator. Ability to learn new software.
- A strong sense of adventure and willingness to learn.
- Creative and self-motivated with strong problem-solving ability.
- Ability to promote a positive team atmosphere.