Marketing & Communications Coordinator (Fixed-Term)
Due to our current coordinator going on maternity leave, we are looking for a replacement that can hit the ground running for a fixed-term cover of up to 1 year. You will be a marketing all-rounder who can wear your creative hat to write great copy for use across multiple channels, assist in the planning and implementation of promotional campaigns, coordinating team administration and providing support for the wider External Relations Team. You will also need to have great communication skills as you will be a key point of contact between other teams in the Museum’s Experience Hub. This is a diverse and challenging role, where something new is always happening.
This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with flexible working hours.
Reporting into the Marketing and Communications Manager. You will join a team of 5 marketing professionals working to promote MOTAT to its various audiences.
- Assist in developing marketing campaign plans for various events and activities.
- Regular administration of the MOTAT website to maximise online visitor engagement.
- Writing and designing content for EDM newsletters to targeted audiences.
- Writing and uploading content for the team intranet, the Info Hub and social media channels.
- Coordinating the administration for the team, including updating marketing schedules and processing purchase orders and invoices.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- A tertiary qualification in marketing or communications.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in marketing & communications
- High levels of both written and verbal skills, including copywriting skills.
- High levels of attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Experience working with budgets.
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems and Email Systems.
- High-level of expertise with Microsoft Office.
Please be advised that as our Coordinator may decide to come back earlier, this role is for cover up to 1 year.
MOTAT is an interactive museum with a focus on creating a fun, visually stimulating environment for its customers. It is home to a unique mix of collections and experiences. Our goal is to make MOTAT a "must experience" museum and we want your help to continue that journey.
Along with joining a team of passionate people, you will also get a day off on your birthday, additional KiwiSaver contributions, regular social events and a MOTAT annual pass for you and your family.
Apply now and bring your creativity and passion for the Museum to this close-knit team.