Business Development Manager, LBE
Weta Workshop is looking for a Business Development Manager to join its fast-growing Location Based Entertainment (LBE) division.
This senior role is focused on enhancing new business and sales opportunities within LBE. Working closely with senior management on projects that require strategic thinking, research, analysis, business modelling, and sales, you will play a pivotal role in driving key strategic initiatives, helping to further grow Weta Workshop’s newest division into an internationally renowned provider of unique location-based experiences.
Our ideal candidate is results-driven, has executive-level business acumen, and experience in the LBE industry. You’ll be joining a world-renowned creative company where no two days are the same.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop strategies in conjunction with the LBE Management team to improve Weta Workshop’s position in the international LBE market.
- Build and maintain key customer relationships with high-level decision makers.
- Identify and create new business opportunities.
- Research and present current market trends highlighting areas of new business potential.
- Negotiate and close business deals that reflect our vision and intended approach for each project on case by case basis.
We’re looking for:
- 8+ Years of experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Executive level business acumen and budgeting
- Team player who is proactive, self-directed and collaborative; willing to work in an entrepreneurial environment
About Weta Workshop
Weta Workshop is a five-time Academy Award®-winning design studio and physical manufacturing facility servicing the world’s entertainment and creative industries. For over 25 years, the Workshop has applied creativity and craftsmanship to blockbuster films including The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies, Avatar, District 9, Ghost in the Shell, and Blade Runner 2049. This diverse, innovative company is also a tourist destination, producer of consumer products, mixed reality game studio, and creator of immersive location-based experiences such as the Thea award-winning Gallipoli: The scale of our war – a record-breaking collaboration with Te Papa museum.
About LBE at Weta Workshop
Building off an award-winning legacy in film, Weta Workshop’s LBE division specialises in developing, designing, and making highly creative visitor experiences. We offer services from concept, production, and execution right through to installation, visual identity, and branding strategies across a range of LBE sectors, including immersive experiences, museum exhibitions, world expos, attractions, and art installations. From Weta Workshop’s one-stop creative hub in New Zealand, our world-class artists, craftspeople, production crew, and storytellers work globally, collaborating with clients and partners from concept to completion.
To request a copy of the job description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org