What is the MAI Programme?
The programme aims to develop future Māori arts managers, professionals and producers, to support the Māori arts infrastructure, and establish pathways for emerging Māori who wish to embark on a career in the arts.
We are now inviting expressions of interest from organisations that are able to provide the best possible learning environment for our interns.
These interns are keen to build careers in arts administration and management.
HOST ORGANISATION REQUIREMENTS
Organisations must meet the following criteria:
- Have a dedicated, senior staff member who can mentor the intern during the course of the intern’s 20-week tenure and oversee the work of the intern.
- Be able to provide appropriate skills development, mentoring and pastoral care for the intern.
- Be a New Zealand based arts and cultural organisation for example festivals, theatre or dance companies, performing arts venues, archives and art galleries. (Schools and education organisations are not eligible to be hosts).
- Be able to submit a position description which clearly outlines the capabilities that are required for the role, and the key tasks and outcomes that are to be achieved when undertaking the role.
- Be aware of the Health and Safety Act 2015 and must have health and safety policies and procedures within their own organisations.
- Must have a Covid19 risk management plan in place to adapt to changing alert levels.
It would be advantageous, if the intern is able to work on a kaupapa Māori event or project during their tenure.
The Māori Arts Internship (MAI) Programme is supported and funded by Creative New Zealand.
How to apply
How to apply
APPLICATIONS AND INFORMATION
Each organisation must submit the following information when applying for the programme:
- A completed Expression of Interest Form which outlines the core requirements to be MAI Programme Host.
- A position description that outlines the core capabilities, key tasks and outcomes for the intern’s role.
- Please feel free to attach additional documents to support your Expression of Interest
Call for Expressions of Interest: 10 September 2020
Applications Close: 9 October 2020
Interview dates: 19 – 28 October 2020
Confirmation of Host Organisations: 02 November 2020
Call for Intern applications: 02 November 2020
Intern applications close: 27 November 2020
Placements begin: 18 January 2021 (dates may vary slightly) *
Placement ends: 04 June 2021 (dates may vary slightly) *
Location: Nationwide - New Zealand
(*Please note that locations may vary and will be dependent on the Host organisation).
*Please note that you will need to ensure that you are available during the interview dates and placement dates.
To apply email the above information to Mayet Regala Rigg at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5.00pm, Friday 9 October 2020
For further information check the FAQ’s on our website - www.maoriart.org.nz, phone or email Mayet Regala Rigg at email@example.com | 04 801 7914 ext 701.