Orchestra Wellington is one of the oldest orchestras in New Zealand and in the past few years the orchestra has undergone an astonishing transformation: our profile and audiences have grown hugely and we now have the largest average audience of any performing arts organization in New Zealand. Our goal is to be the most accessible orchestra in the country: we want people from all walks of life to experience the thrill of live music, whether that’s in the concert hall, out in the streets, in the classroom or even inside a virtual reality headset.
We’re looking for a new Marketing Manager to join our small management team. You’ll be responsible for:
- managing the Orchestra Wellington brand and growing our public profile
- initiating and developing innovative projects - family shows, CD/LP releases, singer-songwriter competitions, collaborations with non-classical artists
- planning and implementing marketing and publicity campaigns
- managing the worldwide roll out of The Maestro VR, the world’s first virtual reality game where you conduct an orchestra
- managing corporate and community partnerships
- and most importantly, selling lots and lots of tickets to our concerts
Entrepreneurial spirit and an independent thinker
Fantastic marketing instincts and understanding of consumer behaviour
Independent, loves autonomy
Good at managing budgets and deadlines
Great at initiating and growing relationships
Good social media skills - sourcing and writing engaging content
Solid experience in marketing and promotion of concerts/shows/gigs of any type
Proven ability to initiate great projects and make them a commercial success
Event management an advantage
Experience of orchestral music not necessarily a requirement
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and CV to Kirsten Mason, General Manager (Kirsten@orchestrawellington.co.nz)
For more information or an informal chat, contact Kirsten on 021 1796598 or Kirsten@orchestrawellington.co.nz.
Applications close on Sunday 1st March 2020.