Casual Digital Tutor
Closes28 Feb 2020
Posted on10 Feb 2020
Work typeCasual employment
Work classificationEducation & Development
Experience Wellington is a registered charity established by Wellington City Council as a Council Controlled Organisation (CCO) to manage and develop its cultural and arts visitor experiences. We run six extraordinary visitor experiences: Capital E, Space Place at Carter Observatory, City Gallery Wellington, Nairn Street Cottage, Wellington Museum and the Cable Car Museum. We also support the operation of the New Zealand Cricket Museum and Hannah Playhouse.
Capital E is a not-for-profit organisation that ignites and fuels the spark of creativity in children and young people through digital workshops, live performance and events.
Capital E is currently looking for a Digital Tutor, to teach sessions in our OnTV and MediaLab Studios on a casual basis.
Benefits of the Casual Digital Tutor role at Capital E:
- Creative environment surrounded by talented staff
- Interesting and innovative programmes to deliver to New Zealands Rangitahi
- Flexible hours to fit in and around your other commitments
- Extra shifts when available especially terms 3 and 4
- Fun supportive environment surrounded by highly creative people
Whangai te wairua Pakiki - help us ignite the creative spark in children and young people by delivering Capital E's digital programme sessions, using the latest technologies.
Capital E is New Zealand's leading centre of creativity for young people. We ignite the creative spark in rangatahi: fostering confident, capable citizens who can be architects of their own future. We are a close-knit team of creatives and we're looking for a Digital Tutor to deliver our award winning programmes to school classes, special interest and community groups. We offer experiences in film, television, game development, coding and emergent technologies so our audience can explore, author, create and above all, determine their stories in their own way.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Deliver programme sessions in both MediaLab and OnTV to education and public groups
- Prepare scripts for OnTV sessions
- Setup and pack down of equipment
Key skills and experience required:
- Educational background a major plus
- Current or previous experience in the film, television or media industries
- A passion for and demonstrable skills in areas of media technology both hardware and software
- An understanding of and commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi principles - Capability in Te Reo or a willingness to learn
- Able to self-manage as well as work in with the rest of the team in a collaborative and positive manner
- Well organised
- Familiarity with coding and coding logic
- Familiarity with moving image cameras, sound equipment, editing and graphics a bonus
The Right Opportunity for You?
You will need to submit your CV, a cover letter and complete our online application form to apply.