Audience Development Coordinator - NZIFF 2020
ROLE DESCRIPTION / NGĀ RAUKURA O TE TŪRANGA
The Audience Development Coordinator uses a variety of resources to identify, reach and communicate with niche community groups, key influencers and relevant organisations and businesses, all with a sales approach to promoting NZIFF films. The Audience Development Coordinator will be the main contact for these relationships, managing group bookings through to successful conclusions.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE / NGĀ PUKENGA
- Experience in philanthropic relationships in the Arts is beneficial
- Knowledge of non-profit sector fundraising
- Entrepreneurial approach to networking
- Advanced and demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms
- Previous experience managing a CRM database is advantageous
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), project management tools Slack and Trello, cloud-based CRM tools, file management tool Dropbox, and ideally Adobe software (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Competent and confident phone skills with the ability to cold call in a warm and engaging way
- Excellent communication skills – both written and spoken
- Methodical and enterprising research habits
- Ability to manage colleagues and volunteers to ensure projects deliver on time
- International film festival experience would be beneficial but not necessary
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ NGĀ TAKOHANGA
- Develop the strategies for audience development, in conjunction with the Communications Manager & Festival Director, and aligned with the NZIFF marketing strategies
- Work with the Festival Director, Programmers and Publicists to identify and prioritise areas of audience development, identify fundraising potential and engagement for films within the programme
- Put outreach strategies into action in each region as NZIFF travels around New Zealand with the help of colleagues, volunteers and venue staff
- Develop and manage direct marketing materials on particular films or groups of films to distribute to appropriate businesses, community groups, retail stores, libraries etc.
- Leverage Ticketing Agency(s) databases for targeted direct mail and promotion opportunities
- Manage and update the CRM database (cloud-based software Insightly) of business and community contacts
- Manage fundraising and group booking requests as they arise
- In consultation with the Communications Manager coordinate agreed outdoor activations
- Assist All Ages Programmer with coordination of Shorts for Schools screenings
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time contract position for the period of 11 May to 28 August 2020.
This position is Wellington based.