Wellington Festival Manager - NZIFF 2020
ROLE DESCRIPTION / NGĀ RAUKURA O TE TŪRANGA
This role is responsible for the event management of NZIFF in Wellington. The Wellington Festival Manager recruits, trains and oversees the staffing required for NZIFF Wellington venues; coordinates NZIFF ticketing in Wellington; and is the key contact for ticketing, venues, NZIFF venue staff, and dealing with patron issues during the NZIFF season.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE / NGĀ PUKENGA
- Previous cinema management experience is essential. Applications will not be accepted or considered without this.
- Ability to manage staff and volunteers to ensure deadlines and targets are met.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and spoken.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and sound knowledge of office equipment and functions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ NGĀ TAKOHANGA
Recruit, roster, train and manage cinema managers, floor staff & volunteers, cinema and box office ticketing staff and projectionists as required
- Recruit, train and oversee venue staffing (projectionists, cashers, venue managers and paid ushers), including working with venues to ensure staffing is adequate to the reasonable requirements of NZIFF patrons. This includes emergency evacuation training
- Recruit, train and oversee volunteer ushers, rostering to ensure optimal levels of ushers for all sessions. This includes emergency evacuation training
- Arrange and oversee training for cashiers and managers on the ticketing selling system
- Work with the NZIFF venues to ensure that there is a clear understanding of lines of responsibility for all staffing including venue managers, projectionists, ushers, information desks, cashiers and technical staff
Administrative contact for the NZIFF Wellington Ticketer (Vista). Oversee and assist the Ticketing Coordinator in the following areas.
- Coordinate installation of POS equipment at the NZIFF box office, venues and office
- Compile theatre plans, holds and selling patterns.
- Load ticket pricing and venue information onto the ticketing system and update censorship information as it comes to hand
- Issue complimentary and paid tickets and passes for staff, filmmakers, guests, sponsors, distributors, exhibitors and media as directed
- Oversee audit of the venues daily sales sheets and reconciliations
- Handle patron enquiries – and complaints – on ticketing
- Arrange equipment hire & installation as necessary, including Eftpos machines, phones, internet connections, lighting, mics and box office setups.
- Assist in set up for functions, filmmaker appearances and Live Cinema performances as authorised by the General Manager.
NZIFF events include but are not limited to the Programme Launch, Gala, Closing Night and special guest events
- Participate in team planning
- Roster, train and oversee staff to adequate staffing levels
- Assist with setup and pack-out of events
During NZIFF in Wellington
The Wellington Festival Manager is main contact for patrons, cinema staff and volunteers during NZIFF.
- Manage NZIFF staff and volunteers, act as the communication hub ensuring information is dispensed as required to staff
- Ensure NZIFF scheduled public announcements and guest introductions are made and make announcements/introductions at screenings as required.
- Ensure technical standards of film presentation are met.
- Maintain a list of added sessions and programme changes, and ensure this information is readily available to NZIFF patrons. Ensure extra sessions are put on sale in a timely manner.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT / TE ROA O TE MAHI TAHI
This is a full-time contract position for the period of 2 June to 1 September 2020.
This position is Wellington based.