Victoria University Press
Wellington, New Zealand
- Do you have interest and knowledge of NZ writing scene?
- Do you wish to be part of a leading NZ publishing company?
- Are you strong in communications and organisation?
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently looking for a dynamic Publicity Assistant for an exciting new opportunity at Victoria University Press. Victoria University Press of Wellington is one of the leading publishers of fiction, poetry and scholarly non-fiction in NZ. VUP publish 35 titles on average per year.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in arts publicity as well as a strong interest in and knowledge of the NZ writing scene. The candidate should be canny and resilient when it comes to finding new publicity opportunities for our authors. An ability to work quickly and prioritise tasks is a must. Strong communication skills in writing and in person is key.
Being able to look after and grow author and stakeholder relationships is also vital. If you think you fit the bill and would like to be a part of our fun and hard-working team of six, please apply!
Key responsibilities include:
- assisting Publicity Manager with carrying out effective publicity plans for selected titles
- co-ordinating the logistics of book launches
- assisting Publicity Manager to grow relationships with key media contacts and maintain relationships with key book festival directors
- supporting the Publishing Manager with delivery of sales direct from VUP site.
To be successful in the role, key requirements in candidates include:
- proven knowledge of NZ literature and publishing
- proven organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and manage conflicting workloads and meet deadlines
- knowledge of the software used by VUP, principally Word, InDesign, Photoshop and Excel
- demonstrated communications and relationship building skills.
Please go to our careers site to view the role description.
Contact details for vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Craig Gamble, 04 463 6488, firstname.lastname@example.org but applications should follow the steps below.
Important - Application steps
Download and complete the University Application from our careers site.
Click 'Apply Now' button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Email completed application form and cover letter to email@example.com along with any further supporting documents stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.
How to apply
Applications close Monday, 16 March 2020.
Apply via our careers site: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZHNvbWVydmlsbGUuNzI4NTYuMTAxM0B2dXduei5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20