Expressions of Interest: Mātātuhi Foundation 2021 Literary Funding Grants
The Mātātuhi Foundation wants to GROW the reach and engagement that NZ writers achieve with NZ readers.
We do that via a biannual grant round where up to $5000 is made available for three to five innovative literary projects.
Our next funding round CLOSES: 31 October 2021.
*NEW GRANTS AVAILABLE*
Two special grants are to be offered before the end of the year:
- $8600 for a Māori-specific literary project
- Up to $100,000 for a one-off major project with the potential to change and grow our literary landscape*
Māori-specific literary project
- Funded through a bequest of $3600 from the estate of esteemed Māori writer Rowley Habib and topped up with up to $5000 of Foundation funds, the one-off Habib grant will be given to a proposal focussed on advancing the promotion of Māori literature.
- Submissions should be lodged on or before the closing date of 31 October 2021 using the standard project proposal form.
Major Project Grant*
- Please visit the website for further details about our new Major Project Grant. Submissions close 30 November 2021.
Biannual Grant Round:
The Foundation will seed fund projects that:
- Relate to New Zealand literature only (fiction, non-fiction, poetry)
- Deliver broad community literary or literacy benefit outcomes
- Demonstrate innovation and imagination
- Are new or business expansion projects rather than business-as-usual projects
- Represent well-considered, robust propositions with identified, achievable and measurable deliverables
The Foundation will generally NOT fund:
- Business-as-usual activities or costs such as ongoing operational or staff overheads
- Ancillary project costs including catering expenses, travel, accommodation
- Projects that can access full funding elsewhere
- The writing or publishing of individual titles unless there is deemed to be a significant community benefit
Links & contact details: