OrganisationNew Zealand International Film Festival
Closes10 Jun 2020
Posted on25 May 2020
Work typeFull time employment
Work classificationManagement & Admin, Visual Arts
- Strategic and operational role; lead a small team
- Permanent full time position; mid August start
- Central Wellington location
The New Zealand International Film Festival (NZIFF) is a national event, which screens in 13 centres annually from July to September; it’s an eagerly awaited and anticipated cultural highlight of the New Zealand winter!
This year for the first time, NZIFF will present its annual programme in an online format.
Reporting to, and working very closely with, the Festival Director, the General Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of the Film Festival and other special NZIFF events and presentations.
The role is broad, with key responsibilities including operations and financial management, relationship management with key stakeholders and sponsors, strategic development, HR and leadership of a small team plus contractors.
It’s an exciting time to join NZIFF as they embark on lots of exciting changes; you will play a key role in driving this change and be part of their success.
- Proven business acumen and financial literacy
- General management, leadership and staff management experience
- A connector and collaborator with a track record of success in building and maintaining exceptional stakeholder relationships
- High level strategic thinking and experience
- Clear, confident oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Superior problem solving capabilities coupled with sound judgement
- Respect, understanding and awareness for Tikanga Māori
- A real love of live events is essential; an understanding of film, with an established network of film industry organisations and exhibitors, is desirable
Applications close: 5.00pm Wednesday 10 June 2020
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069